How do you know you've been support-raising a long time?
Your display board starts falling apart! The glue has given up and un-stuck! Haha. Really, I've been home for 9 months, and only been purposely, strategically "raising support" for 6 of those months. I think I'm a cheap-o too. I'm a long-term missionary. I need to move up in the world from the cardboard science project trifold display boards to a nifty suitcase thing. You open it up and wha-la! Its becomes a display!
I've also been support-raising long enough to become a bit of a slacker. No longer am I reciting my talks aloud over and over while timing myself on a clock in my living room. I have the 5 minute talk, the 20 minute, the 45 minute memorized. It's also a good idea to get to speaking destinations AT LEAST thirty minutes before speaking. The main reason is technology. This morning, I got there only 20 minutes before. The glitch was the church's lack of extension cords. So, I ended up passing out pictures and not using the projector. It went great though and people still enjoyed it. However, I will invest in a better display board AND I'm going to buy some extension cords.
There's a few lessons from the road.
1 comment:
Good lessons; some of which I never learned. :) Good for you!
Post a Comment