Last night, I went to bed praying for the situation in Thailand. The messages from the Embassy seemed to be declaring more extreme measures to be taken and my team in Thailand had sent requests to pray for their wisdom and discernment.
This morning, I awoke to more emails--from teammates and the US embassy there. The leaders of the protesting have surrendered, yet the protestors themselves have set many fires and caused vandalism out of anger. Nothing has reached our neighborhood there, yet the curfew was enforced sending my team into their respective houses early. Please be praying for the team and for Thailand.
I chatted with a few of my Thai teammates on Facebook chat this morning. They described the situation as "dreadful and terrible." They asked for prayer--to love the people well as the church and be ready to help the community through some mixed emotions.
For more reading, check out the news and my teammate's blog on the side panel, "Christ's Saving Grace." She writes some dreadful descriptions of the happenings in Bangkok now.
1 comment:
Thanks Melanie for the blog post - for the reminder to pray. I went to the blog that you recommended - thanks for that too. I pray that you are doing okay with your heart in two places.
Post a Comment