Oh is headed back home to Bangkok, Thailand on Monday. Today we headed to the grocery store together to buy some vitamins to take home to her family. I was her English reader. She'd hand two different bottles to me and I'd try to explain what was different about them. Then she held up one vitamin and asked its benefits. The bottle said, "for healthy joints and cartilage." So, here I am in the middle of the grocery store aisle trying to act out "joints" and "cartilage." I point to my elbow, shoulder, and knee like I was about to sing the children's song "Head, Shoulder, Knees, and Toes." Then for the word cartilage, I started bending my nose around saying it was kinda like bone but not. Like my nose cartilage! She said I looked like I was giving myself plastic surgery! Then we all laughed together. I'll miss her when she heads back, but hopefully my other relationships at the restaurant will continue. Oh and I plan to get together once I get back to Bangkok.
As for the news, please keep praying for Thailand, our team, and the church.
No comments:
Post a Comment