Monday, May 10, 2010

Happenings in the Land 'O Thai

One of my friends in Thailand shared this story in her recent e-mail update:

My Thai small group is now at a steady 8-9 people. (Sometimes we cram up to 13 in the little living area of my apartment. I’m just glad that Thais don’t mind sitting on the floor! ; ) The fellowship and worship times together are very sweet and they are so hungry to learn gospel truth! But each person is not just growing in faith and knowledge of the Word and in their involvement in our church – they are multiplying! Doi told me last week that she met up with an older friend and shared some about her faith – but before she could get very far, her friend said, “I want to be a Christian. How do I do that?” It’s exciting to see their joy in sharing! A new university student has also been coming to small group and church for the last couple months. Last Thursday at small group he looked particularly happy (whereas the first few times I saw him, he didn’t). I asked my friend Yu, “Did he become a Christian? He looks so full of joy!” She didn’t think he had yet, but said he’s been asking a lot of questions and hanging around the Thai Christians at our church as much as he can!