Thursday, March 31, 2011

Why Jesus Died

Our short kids' camp enjoyed its 2nd of 3 Bible lessons. We're doing a quick run-through of "Who Jesus Is", "Why Jesus Died", and "Easter!". As the teacher, I had myself all in knots yesterday practicing how to say "Jesus was crucified on a cross" in Thai while also figuring how to be a one-woman circus act to keep the kids engaged during the lesson. I finally resorted to a felt board for its visual effects as well as some high animation from me.

Showing Jesus on the cross was very impacting on the kids. Their mouths dropped open. They were listening. I asked them if God sent an angel down to save Jesus from the suffering? They nodded thinking that would be a good idea. Then I explained that Jesus stayed on that cross and died for all of us. For our sins. They repeated "For us all." Then I told them that there would be a very exciting ending next week...May God change their hearts to know Him.

Easter is NOT a well-known holiday here. Excited to have the opportunity to share that Jesus not only died but was raised again! Keep up those prayers for us here!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

amazing. yes. Thanks for sharing :)

Emily Routon said...

you are AMAZING... that story is AMAZING... praise God