How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth.
-Psalm 119:103
Before we made cake in a mug this afternoon, I read this verse to the girls in my small group. I asked them, "Why does this person think the Bible is sweeter than dessert?" They looked at me quizzically. (I thought to myself, "Yes, I have their attention and they are listening!") I shared with them about how reading God's word changes our hearts...even more than how we feel after eating a good dessert.
Praises:
-Lesson undertstood about loving God's word
-great time of cooking together (my Thai teammate, Yu, even helped)
-G. and I had a good conversation today about how some people think the end of the world is in 2012. She related her lack of fear to Jn.3:16 which she learned at kids' camp this morning.
Prayer Requests:
-Pray God opens their hearts to love His Word more than honey!
-Pray for me to grow in confidence in the Lord in my ministry
-Pray for wisdom as I figure out how to teach about Jesus being tempted in the desert next week.
Revision: Best recipe I've found--click here.
1 comment:
I followed your link for cake in a mug - interesting - will try it out when I get back to Honduras. As for the world ending - it ends on MY birthday 12/21/2012! And since it's because of the Mayan calendar that the world is ending, and there are Mayan ruins in Honduras - I think that's where we are going to make our "last stand" next year :-) Ha! How fun is that?! Evangelizing at the Mayan ruins on the last day of earth? Now only if we knew if that was Eastern Standard Time, or Central?!
Post a Comment