Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Four Gals and the Baby Jesus

"A Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord." -Luke 2:11b

I believe I can officially call my Monday Bible teaching a small group! The four girls in Mahathai, 8-13 yrs old, came back a second week in a row! We sat in one girls' house together and read Luke 2, about Jesus's birth.

Praise God for question time. Here are their questions:
-Why did Jesus have to come redeem us of our sins?
-Why did Mary have to be single still when she had baby Jesus?
-Why did they call him Jesus?

Some of those questions show they are still thinking about our story from last week! The other question shows how the girl is wrestling with the Gospel Truth! I was able to explain why we need Jesus to them! Then we prayed for each other and played a game.

Prayer Requests:
-Some individual time with the girls to understand their home situations better. I feel like I hurt G's feeling asking about her parents. She is living with her grandmother.
-Their desire for and knowledge of and faith in Jesus!
-Continued wisdom for me in Thai, asking good questions, and explaining God's word.

No comments: