I was John the Baptist today. For some reason though, I allowed the thought of not having crickets to eat with my honey bother me all day. SUCH a busy day. I got to the office at 3pm from language school, and expressed my dismay at not being able to find edible insects to show the kids as I played John the Baptist during the kids' camp. (Edible insects are usually sold in the evening market only.) A friend (who remains unnamed par his request) went in the kitchen looking for bugs for me. I told him if I wanted that, I could have kept the cockroach I killed this morning in my bathroom. While I was dramatizing my despair, he found that the sticky contraption that catches rats under our office's kitchen sink had a cricket on it! (Still alive!!) My friend picked the insect up with his bare hands and put it in a bag. What a hero! I carted it all the way to the community. Who can beat having a live cricket and a bottle of honey to truly express the craziness of being John the Baptist??!!
Seriously, praise God for his idea and the follow-through. Many heard for the first time. The kids really listened and responded! I taught in Thai and it was understood! Please start praying for next week when I teach "Why Jesus Died". In a three-week time period, we are trying to give a brief explanation of Easter for the younger children's kids camp. It's summer break here now for the kids.
1 comment:
Thanks for your love for the kids of Mahatthai and your creative teaching....wow....a live cricket and real honey.....may God give you great joy as you see them fall in love with the God of the Bible :)
Post a Comment