Saturday, March 26, 2011

Thinking of Family

Mom's birthday is tomorrow. Read that my sister's heading down to celebrate from where she lives. My brother and sister-in-law hosted a celebration of my niece's bday last week as she turned 5. My nephew will be 7 before I know it. Dad still hasn't recovered from his fall a few weeks ago. He's going to see another doctor about his double vision this week.

I didn't realize I was missing my family so much 'til I was at my neighbor's outdoor restaurant this afternoon, standing in front of her stove ordering my stir-fry, and catching up with her. She shared how she shed her own tears while praying to God this morning over struggles in her life. God reminded her of His great love for her and how Jesus will be coming back some day. I'm so thankful for sisters in Christ.

Would love your prayers. Lots of moments of excitement and happiness come along too. Just thought I'd share what some of these other moments are like in a missionary's life.

1 comment:

-J said...

Thanks for being honest.