I'm very glad I got that "opportunity" to dance with a snake today instead of the four possible-future-MTW-missionaries I was guiding around our ministry area.
As we crossed the street at an intersection, a snake slithered from behind me. Before I knew it, this 7-ft long snake was practically under my feet. I don't know if any sound came from my mouth, but I started dancing right there on the side of the road! I was hopping and rocking! I'm sure I was quite a sight for all passing traffic. I felt like the snake was coming at me! I ran all the way to the top of a dirt pile. Why did I think elevations would save me? Either way, the snake slithered quickly away to the other side of the dirt pile. There I was King of the Hill with a barely-beating heart and we all just had to start laughing!
From the perspective of the snake, I'm sure I was quite scary. He was just trying to avoid me but I was practically stamping on him with my dance. So he danced too, and we weren't a coordinated pair. Thankfully, we both got away unharmed. (I mean, I don't care if the snake was harmed, but I'm glad I wasn't.)
No comments:
Post a Comment