I was asked to help a Thai airline company this week with their automated phone service. They asked for an English speaker at my language school to read some English scripts and be recorded. Let me say it was crazy. The company's motto is "professional and friendly," so they wanted me to speak in the perkiest, "lively" voice. If I would have gone through with it, I think foreigners would have hung up immediately after hearing my voice. I sounded like a kindergarten teacher on the first day of school times twenty!
While at their office, I remarked on their beautiful pomegranate trees on their porch, knowing they are good luck in Chinese culture. The office manager said a fortune teller had come to their office and told them to put those two trees on the corners and a water fountain in the middle. In doing that, they would bring good luck to their office! I never knew decorating could be so full of divination. Oh, I pray God sanctifies His kingdom here right down to its decorating style! I'm not saying I didn't love the design plan, but I'd just love to see those people believe in Jesus's power more!
1 comment:
feng shui, so this is common practice there?
Post a Comment