Sunday, March 13, 2011

Expecting Goodbyes...


There's a lot of transition all the time on the mission field....people going, people coming. This transition can be hard because I must be okay with investing in friendships that may not last long. Yet my desire to have deep friendships here still drives me to make friendships even if just for a few months or a year or three years.

My friend Angela, from language school, heads off to serve in the northeast of Thailand soon. She's been a good friend for my season of language school and has been there to listen when I need someone to talk to. I will miss her friendship in Bangkok. Please pray for her transition.

Our team is preparing for a lot of transition this summer as well. Two families will be returning home for their "home assignment" time and four "new" missionaries will be coming this fall to serve. Please pray for our team through this transition. And pray for my heart to invest in the now.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

aw mel. "Pray for my heart to invest in the now." You got it girl.