Wednesday, September 22, 2010

My Own Personal Sauna

My housemate, Yu, walked past me as I was ironing my clothes on the 2nd floor and said, "You don't need a sauna, do you?"

"You are right, what a blessing from the Lord"--I responded as I wiped the dripping sweat off my chin and brow.

It's been a hot day here, as everyday is. We have to iron a lot more often here because we don't have dryers. After the clothes are hung to dry, they are all crinkly. And a clean, orderly appearance is important here. My appearance is especially important on my first day of language school! (Second first day if you count the first day of my first term.)

1 comment:

The Singlers said...

If you have a water spray bottle, you can spray both sides of the shirt on a flat surface and smooth it out. It's almost as good as an iron, sometimes even better. That is as long as the shirt isn't one too tough to iron. Just a thought...