You would have loved to see it. I went to visit folks at Mahathai today by myself. The main Thai staff that help with mercy ministry are also very busy in our handicraft ministry. So, I'm going to have to go by myself some. Please do pray for other folks to be raised up who will want to visit with me.
So, the normal ritual is just to walk the lap around the community. It's just like walking a block around a neighborhood. But its only a block. I started off by myself, but before long...I had one teenage boy following me. He looked up at me and said, "Pee May (that's my name here), my birthday is on Sunday." So, I promised him I'd come visit. He kept walking with me, to my amazement. As we stopped and visited with people, more young boys started following me. They were each carrying their toy cars, paper swords, and some riding their bicycles. Then when people kept asking, "Did you come here alone?", I could say I did, but now look how many friends I have.
Please pray with me for the males in this community. Buddhism has a strong hold on them in particular. I feel like we lose the guys once they become teenagers. And few men are showing interest in the Gospel. Pray for men to be raised up who are willing to visit and befriend the guys in this community. And until then, pray that God would use me in the lives of the young boys in Mahathai as He started doing tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment