Monday, September 20, 2010

Dinner River Cruise

If you may remember my Thai friend, Oh, who used to work at a Thai restaurant in Asheville. She and I have reconnected now here in Bangkok, where we both live now. What a joy to have a friendship with her and her sister. For our reunion, they took me out on a dinner river cruise along the Chao Phraya river. I really think this activity has been one of the best I've done as a "tourist" here in Thailand. If you want to come visit me here, I'll take you out on one too!
Oh (left), me, and Bow, her sister (right)in front of our boat. Please pray that my friendship with them will be a good opening for them to hear about Jesus too!
Our table on the boat, looking out at the water and enjoying LOTS of food.





Some of the Buddhist temples we passed along the river. These temples shine attractively in the evening. Yet they still bring me sadness to see their beauty is not real. Their attractiveness is not eternal or hopeful.

No comments: