Friday, September 24, 2010

Moving to the Left

Along with driving on the left-hand side of the road here, I realize people also walk down hallways on the left-hand side. So, when I encounter someone and try to move to the right-hand side of the hallway and they move to their left-hand side and we just run right into each other! It keeps happening! When will I learn? Even the escalator going up at the malls here is found on the left side. At least I know how to say the word "Excuse me" in Thai, because I have to keep apologizing for all the run-ins. :)

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Melanie,
It is SO funny that you posted about this. Just today as i was climbing a public staircase I was reminded of walking on the left side of the staircase in Thailand. Funny the things you remember...love you girl!