My teammate, who picked me up at the airport, encouraged me to spend some of my first few days in prayer, reflecting on my time in the US and considering how I want to use my time in ministry here. I am so grateful for his wisdom. So today I marched myself over to the nicest Starbucks within 20 minutes (by van), and sat down for some good prayer time.
MTW gave me an excellent "Re-Entry" book for when I went back to the US. Good reflecting questions that I decided to use in the reverse (coming back to Thailand instead of the US). Today, I spent the majority of my time on these verses, Philippians 4:8-9, "Finally brothers, whatever is true, noble, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent, praiseworthy--think about such things....And the God of peace will be with you." I made a list under each heading of "true", "noble," "pure," etc. and listed what I am grateful to God for during my time in the US. SO MANY things! In doing that, I was reminded again of God's faithfulness. Please pray my time is protected for prayer over the next few days as I ask the Lord to show me what he taught me while in the US and how he wants to use me now in Thailand.
3 comments:
hi friend!!! missing you much but cheering you on, enjoying you, and praying for you from afar!!!! so thankful for your warm reception.
This is *wonderful* advice. Will be praying for you.
~judith
Melanie, I am thrilled that you are back in Thailand and also for the very wise advise of your teammate.
May Almighty God grant you insight and wisdom as you spend time in His word seeking His face. I know He will guide you as you focus on Him and what He wants for you there.
May the God of peace grant you all joy and peace as you trust in Him so you may overflow with the power of the Holy Spirit, It is my joy to pray for you and for Thailand!
Post a Comment