What do you call 2 Japanese, 1 Korean, 1 Chinese, and an American? My Thai language class!!! Yep, its crazy. And there's definitely some struggling communication within that. If one of us doesn't understand something, we have to struggle through the only language we have in common to explain it to each other--Thai! I'm not sure why they're all in Thailand, but we have had good times in class together. The Japanese guy made all the sentence patterns he had to say out loud today about 7/11.
Please do pray for me as I'm living off little sleep. It's tough to go to sleep early and wake up early. It's exciting to be here among my friends and fellow teammates! I spent tonight visiting with folks at Mahathai (doing my homework with them) and then eating with some teammates. Too much good stuff to miss. Yet now its midnight and I just now got home! Caffeine is needed tomorrow in order to not fall asleep on the way to school and miss my stop. Praise God for great language lessons and relationships.
2 comments:
How has the transition been... I want to Skype or talk soon... if I wanted to call with an international calling card what number would I use?
wow no other Americans in there, surprising! that is funny that it was all about 7-11, bless his heart :) Friend, embrace the caffeine as a sweet gift from above, and know you are prayed for on the energy thing!
Post a Comment