Sunday, October 31, 2010

Two Repeats

For those of you that have tracked my blog for 3 years, these will just be reminders. Yet they are so picturesque of Thailand that I must share them with you again!

I went strollin around King's Park today in the abnormally cool weather and spotted a monitor lizard in the water. Yes, we have these lizards chillin' at the nearby park. Isn't that awesome? (The photo wasn't taken by me because I didn't have my camera. I borrowed it from another internet site.)
Do you see the bumper sticker on this car? This story was told to me two different times, and its so interesting, I relay it on to you. So, the story goes...the owner of this car had some bad mishap like a car accident. So, he went to the Buddhist temple and asked the monk why he was having such bad luck with his car. The monk asked him what color it was. The guy said his car was blue. The monk responded, "well, that explains it, RED is your lucky color! Go buy a red car." The guy doesn't want to buy a red car so he just buys a red bumper sticker that says, "This car is red." He thinks the bumper sticker will give him good luck. (Thank you, Jane, for the picture!)

1 comment:

Crystal said...

that's interesting! thanks for sharing Melanie...hope your walk in the park was fun and cool!