I surprised you, huh? Yep, I'm a former writing teacher, I know how to get your attention! But the title is true! I have stories about both!
On my way out of our neighborhood today and on to language school, our bus passed 7 water buffaloes!! They were just chewing on the tall grass. That made my day. I just thanked God for letting me see them. They remind me of the countryside and rice fields which are not so present here in Bangkok.
My Thai language teacher is Buddhist--presently celebrating the 10-day Chinese Vegetarian Holiday. Over the next rest of this month, we're studying the Buddhist religion and history. Today, we somehow started talking about eating dogs and cats. Thai people would eat dogs, but not cats. They believe cats were little boy monks in their former life. So, they don't eat cats for that reason! And definitely not black cats, because they also think they are bad luck.
No comments:
Post a Comment