Wow, what an amazing retreat. Really, I think this was my favorite one yet! The theme of the retreat was, "Love God's Word, Love God's World." We learned about how to approach the Bible as well as how to be active Christians in our society. There's a lot of pics below, with praises to go with each.

If you haven't heard yet, there's some huge flooding problems in rural Thailand. We stopped on the way to the retreat center to help prepare emergency packages for the flood victims.

Our gang of 70 or so people at the church retreat! What an amazing bunch of people. God grew the relationships amongst the church members and established great connections among the visitors. Praise God!

The bus ride to and from included techno Thai music as well as Lady Gaga. The thing to do is stand in the back of the bus and dance. I embraced the culture and did just that--making some good friends in the process. We must remember--be all things to all people in order to win some. :) And who wouldn't want to dance on a bus while it passed rice fields and palm trees?

Melanie and Katie as karaoke stars singing Bohemian Rhapsody. I think we left the small audience in shock but we had fun.

Another amazing answer to prayer--this whole group of fun, karaoke-singing, stylish college guys came! Praise God for how he is showing them who he is.

One small bit of the awesome waterfall we visited. I am pictured with Jane, who I am so glad was able to come to the retreat. Pray God continues showing his love in her life. (This would also be where my toe jammed a rock and hurt itself.)

And for you history buffs like myself, here is the Bridge over the River Kwae--a subject of a movie and numerous books. WW2 prisoners of the Japanese were forced to build this bridge resulting in many deaths as well. The book I read however, also discusses how amazingly God worked in the prisoner camp.
2 comments:
I love Kanchanaburi...I think it might be one of the most beautiful places in Thailand that I have visited. I found so much peace there. Glad you got to visit the bridge...did you make it to any of the history museums? If not, you need to go back and take it all in, in your spare time, of course!!! Thanks for the updates Melanie...we are praying for you.
you look so different with your hair dyed, but still so beautiful! thanks for sharing about the retreat. i love reading your blog.
Post a Comment