Monday, October 11, 2010

Cross Tattoo

The Japanese girl in my language class has a cross tattoo on her ankle. I asked her if it meant she was a Christian. She responded with, "Oh, I just picked out the design because it was pretty." She didn't really know what it meant. The cross is just another fashion symbol here now. So strange....

It's a good time to discuss our faiths in class as we study the Buddhist faith this week. I'm thankful to be learning more about it and this culture, but it also saddens me to hear what they hope in.

My homework tonight is to write (in Thai) about my faith. My Japanese classmate wasn't sure what to write about because she said she didn't believe in anything. Pray God works in the hearts of all of us in the class as we study together. We take a field trip to a spirit house tomorrow.

2 comments:

Emily Bradford Routon said...

huh, strange

Lisa said...

wow, awesome opportunity... i love that you also see it as a time for you to listen and learn, as well as share. His wisdom will be with you, Mel!