Saturday, October 16, 2010

Sweet Som-O


Last week, Som-O took my hand and walked around Mahathai with me as I said hello to people before our weekly prayer meeting. Som-O then told me she couldn't make it to the prayer meeting this week. So, I knelt down and asked her how I could pray for her. My conversations with Som-O have been some of my most dear conversations while in Thailand. She shares straight from her heart with me. As always, she asks for prayer for her parents, their arguing, her father's gambling habit, and alcoholism. So, right there by the road, we pray together. With my hand on her shoulder, I ask God to be her Father, protector, and show her his great power.

As we finish, her friend Mai walks over curious at what we're doing. Som-o explains to her that we're praying. I ask her if we can pray for her too. Som-O lets her know the kinds of things we can pray for. Mai shares that she'd like to pray for her grandmother to stop smoking and drinking. So, the three of us together pray again for Mai. Afterwards, Som-O shares her struggles that she hasn't seen God answer our prayers for her father. I remind her that God has brought her mother to church regularly now. We can trust him that in time, our other prayers will be answered in some way as well. Please pray God works in these girls' hearts and they become amazing Christian women.