Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Back in Bangkok

I have made it back safely. Thanks for your prayers. I didn't sleep much on the flight. But I did sleep in the Tokyo airport on some chairs. I woke up every so often to be sure I hadn't missed my flight. :) Once on the last plane from Tokyo to Bangkok, I was sitting beside a Japanese guy and beside him, a Canadian guy. It was the Japanese guy's first flight ever! He was pretty funny. Everything seemed new to him and he was excited to practice his English with us. I ordered a Sprite from the stewardess as she came by. He wanted one too, and said he'd never tasted one before! Then later, I got black tea. He wanted some of that too, because he had never tasted it before. We had a good time talking, and he memoralized our time with a photo of the three of us on the moving sidewalk at the Bangkok airport. Glad to have those nice people to make the trip a little better.

I feel very jetlagged, but I will recover. Got plans to hang out with my housemates today and go to Starbucks together since it's their day off.

1 comment:

trmills said...

wow - first flight and sprite for that guy in the same day?! Awesome. Glad you're back safely.