Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Portraits at Mahathai

My best friend at Mahathai community, S, is also the photographer of most of these pictures. She was patient enough to walk around the community with me, listening to me talk to everyone, and take pictures. I love her.

S.'s grandmother is so sweet though she is very ill. She always allows me to pray for her and sit with her. I enjoy hearing about her long life and trying to encourage her.

These are my favorite ladies to sit with and talk to in the late afternoon. They take me as I am, which I am so grateful for.

These two gals give the best hugs! Their mom was sweet enough to be in the picture too.

Some of the loves of my life.

My ride home from Mahathai. S. and her mom, L. God is still working in their lives and I'm grateful to see it. Her husband has become a monk for a few months, which is allowing S. and L. more time to come to church.

The ladies in the Napada Handicraft Ministry

If you may remember, G. was in my small group for a while. G. has stopped going to school right now which is tough. The good thing is God has directed her to be part of Napada Handicraft ministries right now. As I stopped by today, I was surprised to hear her practicing some Christian hymns on the guitar. We sat and sang together for a while. What a special moment.

No comments: