What do you think of that idea? Today as I hung out with my friend who also just came back from serving in Asia, I realized I hadn't eaten one of my favorite dishes in Thailand before I left! (Yam Woon Sen with Mama noodles) Oh the horror! Then my friend started naming the foods she missed including the noodles. We had to stop ourselves before we missed Asia too much.
I do miss Thailand. Today I did miss the food. But I must confess that I have missed the people since before I even told them goodbye. I miss them all. The processing of this life transition will take a long time. Most of the processing hasn't even taken place yet. I just keep saying I'm so TIRED! I will continue giving myself grace to be tired.
By the way, today I did become an official employee of the local public school system here. I explored six possible rental properties, finding one particularly appealing. And I visited my school where I began preparing to be my class's new fifth grade teacher on Monday. Wooh! I'm TIRED!
1 comment:
It does take time to process it all. Grieving takes time and many forms too. You don't have to rush.
Post a Comment