I made my last visit to the Mission to the World office this week. I talked and talked and talked to people about my time in Thailand, how I'm doing now, and what to expect with this transition. All good conversations. I psyched a few people out because of my haircut too. They didn't know who I was.
Right now, I feel like I have narcolepsy. All I feel like all I'm doing is sleeping. But I've had quite a six-week period, so I'm still on recovery. I am preparing for school to start soon. Tomorrow I head in to start hearing about my students and preparing lesson plans, etc.
My first five days back felt full of euphoria to be back. Anxiety just set in a bit yesterday. I tend to have dreams where I'm being chased when I feel anxious. Last night, a giant red, white, and yellow worm from China was attacking me in my family house. I was bitten on my left hand. My brother did somehow make him go outside and closed the door on him so he couldn't come back in.
There's a summary of Currie without the Thai. I did eat some Thai rice from my friend Yu's rice field tonight. So I don't think I'll ever stop being "Thai Currie". Thanks for your prayers. I am trying to keep you all updated.
1 comment:
appreciate the updates!
Post a Comment