...even when ordering your 6-inch Subway Club on wheat.
Got to explain the hope I have with two Subway restaurant workers tonight. Always takes me by surprise when folks ask me so directly what I believe in here. Thankful for those opportunities, knowing my words are given to me by the Living God who will continue working on their hearts long after I finish my sandwich and go home.
They asked me why I speak Thai and what I do. I told them I work at a Christian church, like as a volunteer. One girl asked me what Christian funeral ceremonies are like. Her relative married an Englishman which led her to wonder. Through that, I explained a bit about Jesus, what I believe, and how that belief affects my and other Christians' view of death. The guy interrupted and asked, "Are you a missionary?" I wonder what gave it away?
Please pray these two people will come to understand what God did for them by sending Jesus Christ! Pray I continue growing in my ability to share God's love for people in Thai.
2 comments:
i love that, "...knowing my words are given to me by the Living God who will continue working on them longer after i finish and go home."
yes!!!!!
er, i mean, "long after"... you know :)
Post a Comment