Anyway, I attended the graduation of my "younger sister" today. I was once encouraged that another of my roles on a missionary team is to be the extended family for the missionary kids since they are far from theirs. (And likewise, they are my family when I am far from mine.) It is my honor and privilege to know and love my team leader's family and attend Katy's graduation from the international school here.
Transition Alongside of Me: A Former Missionary Returning to the U.S. of A.
Saturday, May 21, 2011
"Sister's" Graduation
Thai people often introduce people to me as their "older sister" or "younger sister". For a long time, I thought they were really introducing me to their family members. Then I realized they are just saying the person is their close friend. Like we do in our Christian community when we say "This is my Brother Bob" (Ok, I never say that).
Anyway, I attended the graduation of my "younger sister" today. I was once encouraged that another of my roles on a missionary team is to be the extended family for the missionary kids since they are far from theirs. (And likewise, they are my family when I am far from mine.) It is my honor and privilege to know and love my team leader's family and attend Katy's graduation from the international school here.
My younger sister and me.
Some of the extended family--Dave, my team leader, and his family, my housemate, another Thai friend of ours, and me!
Anyway, I attended the graduation of my "younger sister" today. I was once encouraged that another of my roles on a missionary team is to be the extended family for the missionary kids since they are far from theirs. (And likewise, they are my family when I am far from mine.) It is my honor and privilege to know and love my team leader's family and attend Katy's graduation from the international school here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is one of the things I miss most about being in Japan. Congratulations to Katy!
Post a Comment