Friday, May 6, 2011

English Class Trip

Day trip with an English class! These trips brings about lots of good conversation and relationship-building. Was grateful to be invited to go along.
Here's the whole Monday night English class with Katie (top middle), the intern that is their teacher right now. This daytrip was a "goodbye party" for her, since she finishes her term of serving here soon and returns to the US. Carolyn (top right), another intern, leaves at the end of May too.
First time seeing a camel! I really liked these guys. I could have stood their all day talking to them. Though the Genie in the Aladdin movie was right, "Watch out, they drool!"
Chillin' with some orangutans. I tried to put my arm around the large one on my right, but the monkey handler guy said, "He doesn't like to be touched."

They advertised this lady as the "Scorpion Queen"! Yet, she doesn't look very happy at all to let all those scorpions cling to her shirt like that!!
A crocodile show!
A tiger show!!
Our group watching a pig race at the Tiger Zoo. It made me feel like I was the Western Carolina State Fair instead.
Most of the English class that came on the trip, minus one student who's taking the pic.
A beautiful view of Pattaya from this peak.
The son of King Chulalongkorn was the founder of the Thai navy. At a memorial on the top of the mountain at the Thai naval base, there is a temple to him. People worship him for his accomplishments. It was difficult for our English student, a retired Thai navy officer, to understand why we could not "bow down" to this statue. I pray the differences he sees in us changes his life one day.
A beautiful restaurant on the water. These English students really know how to plan a daytrip!
Misspellings can be very hilarious.
I think this was my first time eating a whole crab. So good!

2 comments:

trmills said...

That orangutan picture is one of the funniest I have ever seen. Even funnier than the horse crab(p)!

Yu_Yupawadee said...

Cool trip!!