Saturday, May 14, 2011

Using My Noodle

I have actually been praying for more creativity, wisdom, and guidance in my new position as mercy ministry coordinator for our church. As you know, our church has a relationship with one lower-income community in this area. I do love this community and the 500 people that live in it.

Last Thursday, I made spaghetti at one of the older lady's houses with her and her neighbor. It was fun to share something I know with her and spend time with her. She's never made spaghetti before, so she had questions about everything. As we put the noodles in the boiling water, she wondered how long it would take them to go down and no longer stick out of the top of the bowl. We cooked everything on one burner which was connected to the top of her gas tank. The front of her house also serves as a convenience store and hang-out place for her neighbors. As we cooked out front, people would pass and she'd invite them to eat. What a great opportunity to be visible in the community, get to know people, and spend time together. Thankful to God for that.

In response to my giving, they invited me over Sunday afternoon to cook for me! Please pray for more opportunities like this for me to grow deeper in friendships and have opportunities to share God's love.

No comments: