*Long post today, but really worthy of a reading.*
We sat on the road next to a canal today and the five of us read the Bible. Not all the girls came. Some of them seem to be losing interest, so I ask you to pray for them. S. guided me toward a good place to meet. I asked her where, and she said something about a temple. I followed her, but wondered to myself if we'd be reading the Bible at a Buddhist temple? We ended up on the road leading to the temple. The rice field was right beside us shining bright green. And right past that was the temple. People walked by as we read the Bible passage out loud together. One even stopped to ask what we were reading. What a great opportunity!
I praise God for today. A little boy,B., came to read with us. As we walked together, he asked me, "Miss Melanie, do you ever cry?" I said yes, I actually had this week. I asked him if he ever had, and he said, "Regularly." He seems to get teased by the other kids that live in his house with he and his grandmother. I encouraged him that he can always pray to God when he's upset. God listens and cares. After studying today, he asked if he could borrow a Bible from me next week so he could read it at home.
Please pray for S. too. When I got to her neighborhood, she rode up on her bike and asked, "Can we pray together about something?" She went on to tell me about a tough situation in her family. Broke my heart. Right there on the road, we prayed. Please keep praying for her family. Later during the study I asked the group, "When you believe in Jesus, will you still have problems in your life?" S. said no. I corrected her and explained about the hope Jesus gives us even amidst our struggles and suffering.
Please pray along with me for these sweet girls and even the young boy I taught today. God is good. May he make himself very big and visibly active in their lives now and forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment