
During our women's fellowship group after church today, they celebrated my birthday! We played a game very similar to "Hot Potato" in the US, but with a bottle of baby powder. Whoever has the bottle when the music stops must open up a folded paper and do whatever it says. Usually it says "Put powder on the person's face on your right" or something like that.
Today, all the papers directed people to:
-put powder on the birthday girl's face
-braid the birthday girl's hair
-close your eyes and put lipstick on the birthday girl
Katie, my housemate, and June, my women's ministry co-coordinator.
Hilarious college gang. I'm almost falling over, so that's why my face looks like a forced smile. It's hard to be the tallest person around.
Lots of friends volunteering to help share my bday cake with me.I was given a sweet cake with my name written in Thai! They all wrote in a super huge birthday card for me too. I felt so loved.

1 comment:
Hi Melanie,
It looks like you had a fun birthday party!! I sense their love all around you. It is indeed hard to look at the results of sin in people's lives no matter where they live. I will pray that when you go into the slum, you will think of the slum our humble Jesus chose to come into. He was strengthened in His mission by His intimate relationship with His Father. I pray for His strength and compassion to form you into the woman He has planned for you.
Beautiful day here! LOVE YOU, Diana
Post a Comment