if you didn't know, I felt embarrassed to go home after last term without any Thai cooking skills. Here's an attempt to learn...

My friend, T, and I. In an attempt to spend time with her and get to know her mom while she was visiting, we made a plan to hang out today. T is a college student at the local university and spends a lot of time with our team, and has even come to church a few times.

Her mom graciously helped me learn to make some Thai food!! She lives down South in a province that borders Malaysia. She earns a living making Thai desserts and selling them out of her home.

The sour, spicy soup is one of my favorite foods! T kept asking me, "How spicy do you want it? Do you like sour?" I said "Really spicy! I LOVE sour!" The soup has shrimp, lemongrass, mushrooms, lime, and lots of other stuff in it that I don't know the names in English.

Taste-testing the noodles and vegetables I am cookin' up!

I invited a couple other friends over to enjoy the food since we had so much! Here's Katie (my housemate) with T and her mom.
Please pray for God to open T and her mom's heart to know Jesus!
Thank you to all of you for praying for me to have more energy while studying Thai. I have had some awesome ministry opportunities this week and the Lord has provided great amounts of energy. Thank you for partnering with me by prayer!
No comments:
Post a Comment