Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Out Loud

It's Arts and Sports Camp time at my church and I was the "Missionary of the Day" sharing about my experience. After looking at that last picture yesterday of Teuy while blogging, an idea of what to share came to mind. I would share Teuy's story and talk about how Thai people pray. When our church prays, in a circle for prayer meetings or as a congregation on Sundays, we all pray aloud at the same time. It's really an amazing experience to hear the earnestness and many voices raised to God at the same time. I miss how often corporate prayer happened within our church in Thailand. So, I asked the kids to all pray out loud at the same time too. They giggled but overall, did a great job. I think that was a new piece of information for them.

The couple hours before, I volunteered in the preschool room. My favorite part of the day happened while they were trying to memorize bible verses. The verse was, "Jesus said to him, I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life." The preschoolers were asked only to repeat part of it, "Jesus said to him, 'I am the Way.'" Each said it with me a few times and then went and said it to the main teacher. She told me later that quite a few of them came up and recited, "Jesus said to him, 'I'm in the Way.'" I love kids.

No comments: