Friday, July 25, 2008

Getting Better

Last night, I picked up my roommates dishes on my way to the kitchen before bed, and one roommate looked up, startled. She exclaimed, "You're getting better." Getting better at what?

I live with 4 Thai girls and one American, and work with twice as many at the office. They are amazing servants. Before I can even think about caring for someone else, they've done it! If you want to wash their dishes, you better eat faster and jump up quicker! And I fight my sinful self that has no desire to think about anyone other than myself. And I've been praying that the Holy Spirit would work in me and help me to desire to serve! Make me what I'm not! More like Jesus!

Surprisingly, we don't become just like Jesus when we become Christians. We become sinners that Jesus died for, but still sinners. And slowly, the Holy Spirit changes us, changes our desires, and makes us be more like Jesus. So, Hallelujah for the small growth in my life last night. It almost made me cry.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so awesome that you are witnessing change in yourself because of the people of another culture. I love that. You taking the gospel to them but God is changing you through them as well.
It's a beautiul thing.
good word, thank goodness we have a Savior.

mikepettengill said...

you are imperfect, sinful, full of flaws...and we love you...praise God for the blood that takes it all away

trmills said...

You go, Melanie! I smiled when I read this...