Wednesday, July 2, 2008

But, Officer...

Riding on the bus the other day, a policemen got on to check the driver's records and the passengers' tickets. Its a normal everyday thing, but most the time he passes me up because I'm a foreigner. Well, this day, he didn't. He wanted to see my ticket.

Usually, after I pay my 8.5 baht or 30 cents for a ticket, I shove the small square paper into my wallet...with all the others. As he stood over me, I searched for today's ticket. I gave him one ticket. Nope, not today's. I dug deeper into the wallet pocket and gave him two more tickets. Nope, neither were for today. I handed him slowly about eight different folded up tickets--none of which were for today. Finally, I found today's shoved in my purse. He tore it, thanked me, and handed back all nine or so tickets in a nice pile. No smile found on his face. I promised him I'd clean out my wallet better.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Maybe that'll make him think twice about asking a farang for a ticket. ;)