Was visiting with my neighbor the other night after after getting home pretty late from downtown. My neighbor is closing up her "cart" after selling rice entrees all day. This guy walks by and asks if she's "out of rice yet" U. says no, but she's done cooking for the night. Then he notices I'm talking to U. in Thai, so the normal conversation starts.
Guy: How long have you been in Thailand?
Me: Almost three years.
Guy: You speak Thai very well.
Me: Thanks. I learned at a school.
Guy: Do you have a Thai boyfriend?
Me: No.
Somehow or another, the conversation moves on, thank God!
Guy: What do you do, work or study?
Me: I volunteer at the nearby Christian church.
Guy: Where is it?
So, my neighbor chimes in soon and we start talking about Jesus, sin, the Bible. The guy has been to church before and knows quite a few things about Christianity. Whether he's being genuine or not, who knows--especially looking at his other questions at the beginning of the conversation. Yet, I gave him info about the church and U. gave him a New Testament. Conversations start all the time with strangers. Hope God uses it for his glory. It was exciting to see U. sharing her faith so freely.
No comments:
Post a Comment