Saturday, June 18, 2011

Chocolatey Chippedy Goodness

I know God says he can use our weaknesses for his glory, but cooking??!! I am cooking as ministry! Maybe this is the only way to make me sit down and actually learn how. (My secret: www.allrecipes.com) Here in Thailand, when a single person cooks something well, people like to tell them, "Now you can get married." haha. Now I know what was holding me back. (That was a joke.)

At Mahathai again today, teaching four women how to cook chocolate-chip cookies. I have observed recently that this culture likes step-by-step how-to directions that provide results. Just like last night when G. asked me for the step-by-step Christian version of how he can succeed in his studies. Step-by-step? Not everything is that "black and white". Cooking is definitely not a science. It takes tweeking. Thankfully, the cookies were tasty. I translated my first recipes today too. Add that to my firsts. Praising God for the opportunity to grow in relationship with these women through cooking. Please pray J. and D. would grow to know Jesus. Pray that N. and P. would continue growing in their faith and desire to share their faith with their friends.

Minestrone soup tomorrow. Desserts are easy...but real food, that'll be hard. Oh, here's the recipe I used--"Never Fail Chocolate Chip Cookies". I would add a 1/2 cup more flour.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

www.allrecipes.com WOO! I'm a huge fan. Praying for you.