Where in the Bible can you find some important donkeys mentioned? Ok, actually, there are a few places where donkeys play important roles surprisingly.
So grateful that during this hard team transitional time, God has brought me in my devotional time to my favorite book--1 Samuel. Today, I read about when Saul was anointed to be king over Israel (chapter 9). Seemingly free movements were all orchestrated by God for God's good purposes. Saul's family lost their donkeys, so they sent Saul and his servant to find them. The journey led them to the town where Samuel, the prophet of God, would be and both Saul's servant and a random woman recommended the pair stop to talk to Samuel. God told Samuel just the time when Saul would be walking through the city gate to find him.
Some people find a God who knows our every movement and even guides them for his good purposes (free, yet predestined will) to be disturbing. Yet knowing the character of God that is good and loving and perfect and knowing he knows all my movements and all will end up well in the end....all that gives me great encouragement to keep going. Even the lost donkeys were a dilemma that God used for His good purposes.
1 comment:
I once heard John Piper say that missions would be an unbearable weight if not for the doctrine of God's sovereignty. As a young college student then, I didn't know if I could agree with him, but the more I see the hardness of the human heart (especially my own) and the more stories of salvation I hear, the more I agree with him. If we don't have a sovereign God who is busy using us to draw men and women to Himself...how do we survive?
Post a Comment