Explanation of the Circumstances: I went to this awesome meeting called "The Beggar's Society" on Wednesday. The "Word Made Flesh" missionaries invited various missionaries and Thai folks to come. All folks there were interested in serving the poor in Bangkok. The gentleman that spoke was with "Urban Neighbors of Hope" based out of Australia. He wrote part of a book that follows the book The New Friars that I like so much. The night was mostly about the new monastic movement of living in slum communities--incarnational living.
Anyway, three of the Thai folks from my church attended, and they were the only Thai folks who couldn't understand English very well. I stepped into translate as much as I could. The hilarious speaker ended up talking about a "turd" that he found in his house once. (Oh, the adventures of life.) I had to translate that!! Can you believe it? I did successfully I believe, but that will go down in history as the wierdest translating moment. :)
2 comments:
Thanks Melanie - I really needed a laugh.
gross...I'm sure there were many laughs...
Post a Comment