As we sat on the tile floor of the church, just finishing Sunday School, I helped Pay draw his Christmas tree on the white paper. While coloring, I wanted to talk with him about Christmas.
Melanie: What is the meaning of Christmas?
Pay: A Christmas tree
Melanie: Hmm...Who is Christmas about?
Pay: Jesus
Melanie: What did Jesus do?
Pay: He made Christmas trees.
Melanie: Hmm...Who is Jesus?
Pay: He is a "poo-sok-sit." Do you wanna go play a game now?
Pay does come regularly to kids' club in our neighborhood, yet he comes from a non-believing home. He doesn't come to our church except when we go pick him up. He's always eager to learn. As you can read, he has a lot still to learn.
I went and asked my Thai roommates afterwards to better explain to me who Pay said Jesus was. He used a word I've heard in Buddhism class at language school explaining things with supernatural powers that you worship. So, he explained Jesus as someone with supernatural powers that can be worshipped to receive what you want. My housemate explained a little to me saying that Buddhism doesn't really have God. So, that's what he understands so far. We need to follow up with him so he understands more about Jesus.
Please be praying for our children's ministry program. We go to their neighborhood on Thursday for a Christmas party for the kids. May God open their ears, hearts, and minds to understand Him!
No comments:
Post a Comment