Saturday, July 17, 2010

Older and Wiser

I am the newest long-term missionary at this camp. I'd say one of the greatest parts of this camp is the time I get to spend with the more experienced missionaries. Sitting around the table hearing from the missionary to France who became a Christian at La Brie while Francis Schaeffer was still there! The missionaries here who were also missionary kids, so they have pretty much spent their whole lives doing this!

I have thought that there may be a rhythm to the life of a missionary that I just need to figure out. Yet my friend and missionary to Japan for 30 yrs says, "If you figure out what that is, let me know!" I'm always thinking there's a way to get through life by my own performance and intelligence rather than God's grace. Thankfully God has patience with me, and teaches me how to live only through him.

Camp ends tomorrow. Another good thing: There's a missionary family here who are interested in buying my car from me when I head to the field! That's good news.

No comments: