Friday, July 9, 2010

Most Excited About

A friend asked me today what I was most excited about when anticipating my return to Thailand. I responded quickly with, "the people!!" I imagine walking down the asphalt road between the tall grassy swampland into Mahathai community. I will just have to contain myself from jumping on everyone with such happiness to see them again. I will have to stop at every person's house. Some people that don't even really know me will see my smiley face in front of their door. :)

Then there's all my neighbors. Wow. The ladies who make the amazing spicy food next door to me. I want to grab a Coke from their cooler and sit and talk about their families and all that has happened in my absence. Before I left, I taught them "Hello, How are you?" But they would just respond by asking "How are you?" instead of answering "Fine." Then there's Uum across the street who sells noodles and has grown so much in her love for God. Oh, there are great stories of quite a few people who have grown in their faith.

After there's no one else to see, which will take a long time, I want to walk through the market and see all the fruit and flowers again. Then I want to ride on the bus past the grassy swampland blowing in the wind and cross over the highway on the U-turn bridge looking from up high at all that is below. I pray to rejoice in my return and praise God for all of Thailand. What a joy to once again grow alongside my Christian brothers and sisters there, as well as to be used by God to share his love with others!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) this post makes me happy. you might want to get some body guards so you're not mobbed upon arriving!

Unknown said...

that's awesome girl! I know you are counting down the days!!!

Crystal said...

It won't be long, now. Praise God for His faithfulness to you! Just wish we were there to greet you!!!
love yah, sis,