Yes, no typos there. I thought of all of you immediately when this happened. I gotta tell you what else happened at missionary camp. The camp hosted this Pig Roast for us. Yes!! A pig was roasted for 18 hours with an apple in his mouth for us. Gross, yes. Wierd, yes. I just hadn't ever been part of this kind of thing before. As we were in line for seconds, in front of me I see the camp staff pulling an organ out of the pig for the guy in front of me. The missionary to Ecuador has just asked if he could have the brain of the pig to eat!!!!
I return to the table to tell this atrociously insane story to my friends at the table. Thankfully a couple of the teenagers responded as I did. Yet the women who grew up as a missionary kid in Brazil only responded, "Oh yes, we ate chopped-up pig brain with our scrambled eggs at my house." WHAT??!! And then the missionaries to Denmark and Bolivia shared their own stories of strange food. All I can say is....only at a missionary camp.
2 comments:
I really should not have read this while eating breakfast. Although I could have been eating pork chops or something and that may have been worse!
I'm glad there were no typos. I don't like when people eat a 'Brian' nor me in particularly.
Post a Comment