Transition Alongside of Me: A Former Missionary Returning to the U.S. of A.
Thursday, December 3, 2009
Down the School Halls Again
I stopped by the elementary school I taught in today to say hi to everyone. As I walked into the office, I felt like going straight to the mailroom to check my mailbox for any notes. It's been two and a half years since they've seen me. Yet it didn't feel that long to me since I'd been walking down those halls beside the long line of my students coming from lunch back to the classroom. My knees got wobbly walking past each classroom. My classroom had a new teacher in it with different bulletin boards on the walls. Many of my friends are still teachers there. When they saw me, I got big hugs. They told me I would always be family. I felt like I finally connected with the rest of my family I haven't seen in a long time. That school was my life for many years. I told them that if I wasn't being called to the mission field, I would be teaching there. Maybe I'll have time to do some tutoring while home so I can be around a bit. It was a blessing. I'm glad I stopped by.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I remember walking down those halls after lunch too!!!
PS. I've recontacted the MTW Peru team and I'm praying about going there, or with Crusade to Argentina (where I would work specifically with their English Club). I'm still having trouble with the MTW home office...boo!
Ah Lara commented on this one too. I remember her there as well...
Glad you were able to reconnect, even though it brings up millions of emotions!
Post a Comment