Standing in front of the crowd of 70 middle schoolers, I decided the sure way to get their attention was to start speaking in Thai. Otherwise, they would be lost to me when I said hello and start talking with their friends instead. For a good minute, I said how nice it was to be there and share about Thailand all in another language. I was then able to have their full attention.
What a privilege to share with the next generation about the sacrifice of Christ, about the power of prayer and the need for us to share this good news with those who don't know. On Tuesday, I shared with those 70 middle schoolers, also receiving questions about elephant poop and piranhas. Thankfully, I had a witty comeback by recommending they watch where they step so not to step in it! On Wednesday, I shared with 150 elementary-age kids too who greatly appreciated my pictures of elephants, lizards, and bugs. The twenty minute allotment went by so quickly, but I hope that I impact them. Who knows what will light their flame? I met missionaries that have impacted me forever at their age.
No comments:
Post a Comment