
I sent this picture to Mission to the World when I first applied to be a missionary. At that time, I was a 5th grade teacher. Today I entered the classroom again for the first day of school as my mom's assistant in her 1st grade classroom. She had shoulder surgery a while ago and hasn't recovered well. With teacher cuts, her school asked her to move from being a literacy facilitator to being a classroom teacher again! God, in his perfect timing, allowed me home right on time to help her start out her year. I've been putting up all the calendars and posters, writing names on everything, etc. Today, the kids came in. This job is still the same- and I was glad to be here to feel it again, like a sweet blessing from the Lord. My heart still goes out for the ADHD kid who just can't sit down and the ESL kids who don't know how to spell "swim." God continues providing opportunities for his name to be made known through his children. While we brainstormed members of our family, one kid said, "God." I thank God for his blessing and his further calling to me today.
2 comments:
just curious, how do the kids distinguish between mother teacher and daughter teacher?
You look good on pick!
Post a Comment