Though I've lived in Charlotte for a long time growing up and Asheville for like 9 years, I seem to have forgotten so much of my mental road map! It's coming back, but it is embarrassing to ask. I have been making lots of u-turns.
I ran across a tool I had forgotten about in two years, the window ice scraper! That made me laugh.
And though my old Spanish skills were good once, they had been taken over by Thai in my head. But now, I'm slowly remembering some old words again. I can understand people talking to me, but I can only reply in Thai.
I even forgot that I had loaned out my bed to someone before I left town! I thought it was in storage with the rest. My friend told me she had my bed in her guestroom and I was a little shocked! :)
1 comment:
Hey girl...just a part of culture shock...forgetting that is! I think I need to be checked to see if I have alzheimers I'm so forgetful! It's getting better though.
I hope you are well. Miss you but hope to see you at some point in the future!!! no pressure...
Post a Comment