One of the teenagers, Fern, in Thailand has been writing me emails. She lives in Mahathai. It's so special to hear from her. Can you read it? The 5's at the end are like email-lingo. In Thai, you say five as "ha". So, in email, if you write a lot of fives, it means you are laughing.
"hi:melanie
how are you?
ตอนนี้พี่เมลานี่ทำอะไรอยู่ค่ะ
เฟิร์นสบายดี
เด็กๆทุกคนที่มหาดไทยคิดถึงพี่เมลานี่
พี่เมลานี่ต้องกลับมาเมืองไทยนะ
เฟิร์นอธิฐานเผื่อพี่เมลานี่สำหรับการเดินทางกลับมาเมืองไทย
พระเจ้าอวยพรค่ะ
บาย555555555+555555"
Hi Melanie, how are you? Right now, what are you doing? I am well. The kids at Mahathai miss you. You have to come back to Thailand, ok? I am praying for you to return to Thailand. God bless you! Bye! hahahahahahaha.
4 comments:
I love the 5's.
555555555555555!
Amy
So cute! I love it. Had no idea about the 5's. I'll have to try it sometime...
5's are all over ICS' facebook community..very cute.
Great job on the translation! I didn't know that about the 5's, but it makes sense. Keep updating the blog. I love it, though I rarely comment. I visit it regularly.
Post a Comment